Articles (SSDI) « SSDI
About Social Security Disability Insurance
- GAO: Problems and Challenges Exist Related to Modernizing the SSA Disability Programs (Wolters Kluwer – 10/5/12)
Recent testimony by Daniel Bertoni, Director of Education, Workforce, and Income Security Issues at the Government Accountability Office (GAO), focused on the future of the Social Security disability programs. The GAO found that the SSA has taken concrete steps to incorporate modern concepts of disability into its determination criteria, but faces constraints to more fully considering assistive devices and workplace accommodations.
- People with Disabilities May Miss Out On Significant Tax Savings This Season (PensionSearcher.com – 1/11/11)
People relying on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits may have among the lowest incomes, yet they can pay more than they should in taxes, according to Allsup, a leading provider of Social Security disability, financial and healthcare-related services to people with disabilities.
- Social Security Continues to Make Progress Expediting Backlogged Disability Cases (SSI – 10/17/08)
Report on the progress made in 2008 in the agency’s efforts to expedite backlogged disability cases.
- Speeding Up Social Security Disability Benefit Processing After a Win (Colorado Social Security Law) 4/24/10
While some SSI cases get very fast processing (sometimes an appointment is scheduled at the Social Security office before the hearing decision is even delivered), other cases wait for more than a month with seemingly no activity from Social Security.
- SSDI/SSI Employment Supports (Vermont Assn. of Business, Industry & Rehabilitation)
Ticket to Work Program SSDI and SSI The Ticket to Work Program is an innovative program from the Social Security Administration for individuals with disabilities who want to work. It increases your choices in obtaining the employment services, vocational rehabilitation services, and other support services you may need to get or keep a job. It is a free and voluntary service.
- What Percent of Disability Cases does Social Security Approve? (Stasiuk Firm PC – 8/29/12)
What is the percentage of approvals and denials and the Social Security disability benefits claim? Social Security keeps very detailed (if somewhat obtuse) statistics which provide the answers.
- Which Conditions Win The Most Social Security Disability Benefits? (Disability Tips – 8/22/12)
Many people ask which medical conditions, disabilities, or impairments are most likely to win a Social Security disability benefits case? The 2011 statistics gathered by the Social Security Administration provide the answer.
- Why Are Proposed Changes Detrimental for People With Disabilities?
(National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives)
Regarding changes to Social Security Administration appeals' process.