Publications (Social Security) « Social Security
Publications About Social Security
- Complete Social Security Handbook (Adap.net)
Complete 727 page guide to the Social Security programs (long download).
- How SSA Can Improve the Representative Payee Program to Protect Vulnerable Seniors (Justice In Aging – June 2016)
This is the final paper in a series of issue briefs and fact sheets that address the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Representative Payee Program.
- How to Replace Lost or Stolen Social Security Card (Colorado Social Security Law blog – 2/5/09)
Losing your Social Security card is a common problem: maybe your purse or wallet was lost or stolen. Maybe you moved. Or, you suddenly find that you Social Security card is no longer in the safe spot you put it. You need to get a replacement Social Security card! But, how do you do it?
- Information About Your One-Time Payment Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
The economic recovery bill signed into law by President Obama in February 2009 provides for a one-time payment of $250 to Social Security beneficiaries.
- Social Security – How to Apply Online for Disability Benefits (Great Places – 2/3/09)
It's easier now than ever before to apply for Social Security disability benefits. Previously, the required disability report had to be completed manually–now, though, it's easy to complete the form online and forward it electronically to the local Social Security office.
- Social Security – New Program Operations Manual Systems (2/12/09)
Memorandum from Special Needs Trust Committee of Florida Bar's Elder Law Section with info and links to POMs changes.
- What Every Woman Should Know About Social Security (Disability.gov)
Women may work inside or outside the home, be mothers, caregivers of family members, wives, divorced, widowers or self-employed. Learn about retirement, disability, widows’ and other Social Security benefits how Social Security may be able to help victims of domestic violence.