Organizations & Services (Medicare) « Medicare
Organizations, Services and Resources
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS – U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)
Federal agency that administers Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Organizations & Services About Medicare
- CMS Introduces New Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, Initiatives to Better Coordinate Health Care (CMS.gov – 11/9/10)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) today formally established the new Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (Innovation Center). Created by the Affordable Care Act, the Innovation Center will examine new ways of delivering health care and paying health care providers that can save money for Medicare and Medicaid while improving the quality of care. CMS also announced the launch of new demonstration projects that will support efforts to better coordinate care and improve health outcomes for patients.
- Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc.
A national non profit, non-partisan organization that provides education, advocacy and legal assistance to help older people and people with disabilities obtain Medicare and necessary health care.
- Chronic Conditions Data Warehouse (CCW)
A research database designed to identify ways to improve the quality of care, reduce program spending and make current Medicare data readily available to researchers.
- Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs (Social Security Online)
Medicare beneficiaries are eligible for the extra help if they have limited income and resources. The extra help can increase their cost savings by paying for part of the monthly premiums, annual deductibles and prescription co-payments under the new prescription drug program.
- Home Health Compare (Medicare.gov)
This tool provides you with information on how well the home health agencies in your area care for their patients.
- Incontinence Supplies and Services
If your doctor said that you or your child has a problem with incontinence, this information will tell you how to get the services and products you need.
- Medicare: Updated, Enhanced Tools to Compare Hospitals and Nursing Homes (CMS.gov – 7/19/12)
Two websites that help Americans make informed choices about hospitals and nursing homes have been redesigned and will make more information available to the public: Hospital Compare and Nursing Home Compare – have been enhanced to make navigation easier by users, and have added important new comparison tools like findings from nursing home inspections.
- National Health Law Program
A national public interest law firm that seeks to improve health care for America's working and unemployed poor, minorities, the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Nursing Home Compare (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
Detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
- Resources on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit (Kaiser Family Foundation – 10/08)
Key Foundation resources and data on the Medicare drug benefit are compiled here.