IRS – Tax Court Rulings (Estate Planning) « Estate Planning
Articles, Publications, Resources and Court Cases:
IRS – Tax Court Rulings re: Estate Planning
Articles about IRS – Tax Court Rulings re: Estate Planning
- "2010 Tax Act" Year-End Transfer Tax Planning Alert (aicpa.org)
Congress and President Obama were able to agree upon a far-reaching compromise before the Christmas holiday that affects unemployment benefits, estate planning and taxes, among other things. The outcome is entitled "The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, P.L. 111-312" ("2010 Tax Act") and has been signed into law. The new law contains numerous significant changes that will affect estate plans across the board.
- Married Couple's Guide to the New Estate Tax Law (Forbes – 12/23/10)
- IRS loses a big one for estate planning (Int'l Tax Counselors Blog – 3/20/12
Today the Tax Court hit the IRS with a big defeat. The case is a reminder that section 2036 is not an easy IRS victory.
IRS Publications re: Estate Planning
Intro to Estate and Gift Taxes (IRS – Publication 950)
IRS Court Cases and Ruling re: Estate Planning
- IRS Rules on Consequences of Judicial Reformation of Trusts
IRS ruled on the estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax effects of judicial reformation of two testamentary trusts in PLR2010200001.
- Estate of Beatrice Kelly, Deceased, et al, Petitioner v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Respondent – (3/19/12)
The case is a reminder that section 2036 is not an easy IRS victory.
Resources: IRS – Tax Court re: Estate Planning
- Introduction to the United States Tax Court (US.gov)
The United States Tax Court is a court of record established by Congress under Article I of the U.S. Constitution. When the Commissioner of Internal Revenue has determined a tax deficiency, the taxpayer may dispute the deficiency in the Tax Court before paying any disputed amount.
- Get IRS Help.com
A blog by tax attorney Darrin T. Mish focusing on solving tax problems.