Elder Law Organizations & Resources « Elder Law
Organizations and Resources
About Elder Law
Organizations and Services
- American Bar Association – Commission on Law and Aging
Mission: to strengthen and secure the legal rights, dignity, quality of life, and quality of care of elders.
- Center for Elders and The Courts
The primary resource for the judiciary and court management on issues related to aging.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
A non-profit association that assists lawyers, bar organizations and others who work with older clients and their families.
- National Elder Law Network
A source of dependable information on legal issues for seniors, their familes, and advocates.
- National Senior Citizens Law Center
Advocates before the courts, Congress and federal agencies to promote the independence and well-being of low income elderly and disabled Americans.
Resources: Websites,Blogs & Newsletters
- Center for Elderlaw.com (Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras)
- A full service facility covering every legal issue affecting the lives of seniors or their families.
- Charlie Robinson's Blog
A fellow elder law attorney in Clearwater, Florida.
- Elder Blawg
An elder law blog from Morton Law Firm with "interesting and useful information–and maybe even the occasional insight."
- Elder Law Answers Blog
I am a member of Elder Law Answers and also enjoy reading their blog for the latest info.
- Elder Law Corner (K. Gabriel Heiser blog)
Great articles and info on elder law and related issues.
- Elder Law Issues – Christina Forbes
A fellow elder law attorney in Washington, DC.
- Elder Law Prof Blog
A member of the Law Professor Blogs Network.
- Elder Law Update
A great Florida firm's informative newsletter. In the issue linked above, don't miss the articles: "Courts v. Agency for Health Care Administration" – "What is Required of a Personal Representative" and "How to fight a Medicare Discharge."
- Friedman Law
Lawrence A. Friedman (New Jersey) frequently writes and teaches other lawyers about elder law, special needs and estate planning.
- GeriLaw – Robert B. Fleming
A blog from a Tucson elder law attorney and his colleagues.
- Leanna Hamill – Massachusetts Estate Planning and Elder Law
A blog from a Massachusetts attorney discussing estate planning, elder law and health insurance matters.
- Life Care Planning Firm – Timothy L. Takacs, Esq.
Elder law practice attorney in Tennessee.
- Oast & Hook (locations in Virginia and NC)
We understand the unique needs of older or disabled clients and the special concerns they share with their families and advocates.
- PA Elder, Estate & Fiduciary Law Blog – Neil E. Hendershot, Esq.
A blog by a practicing and teaching lawyer, who works daily in the legal areas covered by the PA EE&F Law Blog.
- Red Tape Blog – Michigan State University Libraries
Good info on elder law issues.
- Sixty Plus, Inc. Elderlaw Clinic
The Two-term Internship Experience enables students (called "legal interns") to interview, counsel, represent and advocate in a general civil law practice for people who are over sixty years old.
- The Teddy Bear Lawyers (Rick's blog)
Serving seniors and those who love them in the Chicagoland area.
- Resources for Elder Justice Professionals
This post includes a summary of resources and educational opportunities relevant to the elder justice field.