Resources – Religious « Disabilities – Resources
Religious Resources re: Disabilities Issues
- Accessible Congregations and Places of Worship (Wheelchairnet.org)
These links, along with links on the Advocacy and Empowerment page may help individuals to remove the obstacles to worship that alienate many people with disabilities.
- American Assn. of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities – Religion and Spirituality Division
Working to foster opportunities for spiritual growth for people with disabilities.
- Disability, Religion, and Spirituality Resources
Links to the national organization on disability's program for disability and religion.
- National Catholic Partnership on Disability
Rooted in Gospel values that affirm the dignity of every person, the National Catholic Partnership on Disability (NCPD) works collaboratively to ensure meaningful participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of the life of the Church and society.
- National Jewish Council for the Disabled
Dedicated to enhancing the life opportunities of individuals with disabilities, ensuring their participation in the full spectrum of Jewish life.
- National Library Service for the Blind
Bibles, hymnals, and more in electronic, Braille, larage print and audio formats
- Religion and Spirituality (International Encyclopedia of Rehabilitation)
An American professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation tells of a patient born with spinal muscular atrophy, who underwent the usual evolving series of medico-therapeutic interventions while also pursuing her own spiritual quest for meaning and inward understanding of life, ranging from a Catholic Christian background to the major Hindu scriptures.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
A website created to offer support, comfort, and an increased level of acceptance toward those with disabilities.