Financial and Tax Issues (Disabilities) « Disabilities – Other Issues
- 2011 Income Tax Guide (The Arc Michigan)
This authoritative income tax guide has proven invaluable for families and individuals concerned about tax deductions and credits related to the care and support of a child or an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability. After thirty-seven issues, this booklet has become an annual “must-have” for the informed parent.
- AoA Awards More than $32 Million for Home and Community-Based Services and Supports for Older Americans and Individuals with Disabilities (Administration on Aging – 9/29/09)
HHS has announced more than $32 million to expand and support community-based programs that help promote health, independence and community living for older Americans, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Damages Received on Account of Personal Physical Injuries or Physical Sickness (IRS Reg-127270-06)
Proposed regulations relating to the exclusion from gross income for amounts received on account of personal physical injuries or physical sickness. The proposed regulations reflect amendments under the Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996.
- Disability and Financial Issues (Disaboom)
People with disabilities face unique and sometimes daunting financial issues. These organizations provide counseling, tools, resources, and more to help you find the answer you need for your specific circumstances
- Roles of Disabilities Ignored for Tens of Millions Experiencing Income Poverty
Nearly half of all working age adults experiencing poverty have a disability and more than half of household heads will experience a period of disability by their mid-50s.
- Tax Benefits for Disabled Taxpayers (IRS – 2/6/09)
There are several tax credits and benefits available to qualifying taxpayers with disabilities as well as to the parents of disabled children.
- Why Are Proposed Changes Detrimental for People With Disabilities?
(National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives)
Regarding changes to Social Security Administration appeals' process.