Health – General (Children) « Children – General Issues
Health Issues re: Children – Physical
- Anopthalmia or Microphthalmia (National Eye Institute)
This information was developed to help patients and their families search for general information about anophthalmia and microphthalmia. See related info below:
- Born Without Eyes and Ultrasound Couldn't See (ABC News – 1/28/10)
This rare diagnosis was one that is almost always missed by ultrasound — even though hundreds of genetic diseases and deformities once discovered at birth can now be detected with the latest ultrasound technology.
- International Children's anophthalmia & Micropthalmia Network
This website was designed to help you learn more about A/M.
- Bush Veto of Children's Health Bill Sets Stage for Political Confrontation (The Commonwealth Fund – Oct. 9, 2007)
President Bush vetoed legislation to expand a children's health insurance program, drawing immediate fire from congressional Democrats and setting up an override showdown that could be politically perilous for some Republicans.
- Children's Special Services (TN Department of Health)
CSS provides services to eligible children with special health care needs. CSS has three components: medical services, care coordination, and the Parents Encouraging Parents program.
- Diabetes Medical Management Plan for a Student with Diabetes (American Diabetes Association)
The above links provides samples of both the Section 504 Plan and Diabetes Medical Management Plan which detail typical medical and academic needs of a child with diabetes at school.
- Girl, 10, Who Could Die From Shock Just by Watching a Scary Film (Daily Mail – Feb. 6, 2008)
Jennifer is one of just six known sufferers of polyglandular Addison's disease, which causes her to become ill whenever she is surprised or shocked.
Provides information about Medicaid and CHIP services for families who need health insurance coverage. These programs are designed to be affordable for families who are not able to afford health insurance coverage in the private market or do not have coverage available to them. Even if you’ve been turned down in the past, you may be able to get health coverage for your child now.
- Just For Kids Foundation
A non-profit foundation dedicated to bringing smiles to children as they confront their medical challenges. We fulfill wishes which can vary from the security of a support group to vacations for the while family. Our goal is to bring moments of joy by fulfilling the wishes of some very deserving children.
- Nursing Management of Children with Asthma (Suite 101.com)
It is important to treat children with asthma promptly because they have narrow airways. This means attacks adults handle easily can cause serious problems in children.
- Researcher Helps Develop Computer Game for Children Recovering From Malaria
The computer program Captain’s Log – originally used with individuals diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, brain injuries or learning disabilities – is being adapted to rehabilitate Ugandan children who are survivors of cerebral malaria.
- Report: Kids with Health Insurance Get Needed Care, While Uninsured Kids Go Without
A report released by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation shows that uninsured children are three times more likely not to visit a doctor's office in the course of a year than are insured children.
- SCHIP-Enrolled Children With Special Health Care Needs (Kaiser Commission)
An assessment of coordination efforts between state SCHIP and Title V programs. The purpose was to describe the Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant program as it pertains to children with special health care needs (Title V CSHCN programs); (2) to explore the level of interaction and coordination between Title V CSHCN programs and separate SCHIP programs in terms of providing services to children with special health care needs; and (3) to assess the implications of state program choices for publicly-funded health insurance programs and pediatric health care.
- The Project – The Children's Rare Disease Network
To impact the lives of children with rare disease, their families and the organizations that support them by building greater awareness related to the prevalence of rare diseases and by becoming a catalyst for funding their critical efforts.
- Virtual Pediatric Hospital
A digital library of pediatric information to educate patients, healthcare providers, and students in a free and anonymous manner.
- Xeroderma Pigmentosum Support Group
A UK charitable trust founded parents of a child with XP. It aims to relieve the needs of persons with Xeroderma Pigmentosum and other related conditions and their families.
Health Issues re: Children – Mental