Grandparent Issues (Children) « Children – General Issues
Grandparents – Legal Issues
- Obtaining Visitation With or Custody of Grandchildren
Excerpt from American Bar Association – Bifocal (March-April 2012 newsletter)
A Connecticut grandmother sought visitation with her four-year-old granddaughter, who was borth out of wedlock. The child had been placed in foster care and the mother's parental rights were terminated. The child's father established paternity and was awarded sole custody. The grandmother sought court ordered vistitation with her grandchild.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (USA.gov)
Links and info regarding benefits and assistance, health and safety resources, etc.
- National Center on Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (Georgia State University)
Aim is to support grandparent-headed families in order that they may secure a promising future for their grandchildren.
- Parenting the Second Time Around (Chicago Tribune)
Grandparents face steep challenges raising their children's children.
- Raising Your Grandchildren (State Resources)
Links and info by state.