ADA (Resources) « ADA – Olmstead
Americans With Disabilities Act – Olmstead:
Organizations, Services and
Organizations & Services:
- ADA National Network
Information, guidance and training on the ADA. Also check out their ADA Anniversary page.
- Disability Network
An information highway for the disabled and their families.
- Federal Transit Administration
If you have any questions or concerns regarding public transportation for persons with disabilities, please contact the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Office of Civil Rights on our toll-free Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assistance Line at 1-888-446-4511 [Voice] or by e-mail at FTA.ADAAssistance@dot.gov.
- National Center for Law and Economic Justice
The Center demonstrates that the law can be a powerful instrument for improving the lives of the most disadvantaged members of our society.
Resources: Websites & Blogs:
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the ADA
- Archive ADA: The Path to Equality (Georgetown University)
This site serves as a comprehensive, online archive of documents and history related to the ADA and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- Disasters, People with Disabilities and the ADA
A blog designed to address concerns of the disability community concerning the American Red Cross, Offices of Emergency Management, and Special Needs Shelters. It is also designed to provide information and resources concerning people with disabilities before, during and after disasters.
- Federal Agency Assesses the Impact of 2008’s ADA Amendments
The National Council on Disability (NCD), an independent federal agency, released a report titled “A Promising Start: Preliminary Analysis of Court Decisions Under the ADA Amendments Act,” which reviews the court decisions that have been rendered to date applying the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) and reveals significant improvements in how courts are interpreting protections intended for coverage under the ADA.
- Sample Letter to Senators on ADA Restoration Act (Reunify Gally – Nov. 21, 2007)
How to let your Senator know how important this piece of legislation is.
- Senate Hearing on the ADA Restoration Act (Reunify Gally – Nov. 21, 2007)
Info on a recent Senate hearing.
- Steve Gold's Treasured Nuggets of Information
A Pennsylvania attorney with tools and articles on how to enforce the Americans with Disabilities Act and searchable archives on other related subjects.
- Understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act
William D. Goren, J.D., LL.M, is a Legal Consultant on Americans with Disabilities Act matters. A professor and author, Mr. Goren strives to make the ADA/Rehabilitation Act more understandable.